Mental Health Resources In The Charleston, West Virginia Area
Our mental health affects our emotional, social, and psychological well-being. But, factors like anxiety and stress can decrease our happiness, making it hard to maintain the good mental health we need to survive. When and if this happens, we need to ensure that we’re keeping ourselves healthy since even though mental health problems are common, we want to ensure we get help if and when it’s needed. This blog will show you mental health resources in the Charleston, West Virginia area that can help lead you to a happy and healthy life!
What Causes Mental Health Problems?
Warning Signs and Facts
If you’re unsure about your own mental health and if you’re living with issues from it, here’s a list of warning signs you may want to look out for:
- Sleeping too much or too little. If you normally get a good 8-hour sleep and are recently struggling with reaching that goal on a daily basis, you may be experiencing mental health issues.
- Having low energy. If you’ve been noticing a lack of energy when you wake up in the morning and throughout your day, you may want to look into mental health resources to see if you’re struggling with your health and well-being.
- Inability to do daily tasks. Not wanting to complete tasks like doing the dishes and cooking food for yourself should be a concern.
- Feeling hopeless. This is a feeling that no one should ever have to deal with. If you are feeling this way, you’ll want to talk with someone and or do more activities that make you happy.
Even though there are biological factors, family histories, and life experiences that can cause changes to your mental health, stress, and anxiety from school or work can cause these changes as well. If you’re struggling with any of these issues and they are new concerns for you, you should think about talking to a professional or going to get help in other ways.
Why Mental Health Is So Important
Being Happy and Healthy Is Key
As a human, you may know that mental health is important but may not understand all the reasons why. When you have positive mental health, you’re able to live your life with potential, and can work productively towards any goals you may want to achieve. Some other reasons why having good mental health is necessary for living includes:
- Being able to thrive during stressful times. Although stress can be a big factor often causing changes in mental health, it’s important to keep a good mindset during stressful times. If you’re able to cope with stress effectively, you’re on your way towards positive mental health and well-being!
- Coping with bad emotions. Sometimes when bad emotions come our way, it can be difficult to cope with them, which can cause your mental health to drop. If you’re able to cope with these emotions in a positive way, you should be one step closer to mental health success!
- Handling anxiety in a healthy way. Just like stress, anxiety comes at random times in our lives. If we’re able to handle anxiety by relaxing and staying calm, our mental health should benefit instead of crashing during certain situations.
If you’re able to do all of these things when they occur in life, then your mental health should be able to stay consistent with your happiness. And if you’re ever unable to cope with emotions, stress, or anxiety, you may want to think about talking to a professional about your feelings. They’ll be able to understand where you’re coming from, and can give you tips and tricks for improvement in those areas.
Mental Health Resources In Charleston, West Virginia
Resources For Your Needs
If you’re living near the Charleston area, then these are the resources you’ll want for all your well-being needs:
- Bez Psychiatric. Bez is a great organization that lives by bringing the highest quality mental health care to all parts of West Virginia. They have many services for patients to use, including Genesight testing, health and wellness coaching, evaluations, and medication management. For appointments, patients are able to call, text, or email, which is convenient for anybody who may want to start seeing a professional!
- Prestera Center. This center is a leading provider of quality support and professional services for people with all kinds of behavioral health and substance abuse needs. They provide their services to everyone who needs them, whether they can pay or not as well. By being the largest behavioral health services provider in West Virginia, this center is the way to go for anyone who may be seeking professional help!
- Mosaic Wellness. Mosaic is committed to helping you feel refreshed and ready to live your best life every day. Here qualified professionals offer mental health services like stress management, coping with college, and helping with family conflict issues.
- Mountain Care Network. This community-based Licensed Behavioral Health Center believes that a healthy mind leads to a healthy life. They strive to offer a whole-person/whole-family treatment plan and don’t believe in a one size fits all approach to wellness. By catering to their patient’s needs, this network is able to provide a great mental health service for those in Charleston, West Virginia.
By using any of these resources located near or around Charleston, West Virginia, patients will receive the greatest care in their area! Just remember that your mental health is very important for your well-being, so if you’re ever worried about speaking to a professional, know that there are many people in that same situation. They want to help you since it’s their job, so remember it’s okay to not be okay and ask for assistance!